Psychological Society - APS
Number: 013517. Full Member since 1989.
College of Clinical Psychologists
An 8 year training requirement - Masters plus 2 years post graduate
clinical experience. College Member since 1990.
Member of various Australian Psychological Society Interest
• Aboriginal Issues, Aboriginal People and Psychology
• Buddhism and Psychology
• Child Adolescent and Family Psychology
• Coaching Psychology
• Narrative Therapy and Practice in Psychology
• Gay and Lesbian Issues in Psychology
• Psychology and Cultures
• Psychology of Men and Masculinities
• Transpersonal Psychology
• Women and Psychology.
Association of Family Therapists - VAFT
Reg. since 1990.
Psychologist in State of Victoria
(While employed there.)
Victorian Psychologist Association - VPA
Member 1987-1991, Treasurer
Chartered Psychologist, British
Psychological Society - BPS
(While employed there).
- International Mental Health Professionals Japan.
Member since 1997.
Vice President 1998, 1999. President 2000,
2001, 2002 Current President. Major
role in setting up this first professional
body for international and national English
multidisciplinary professionals. As
President head of various subcommittees on Qualifications, Constitution,
Ethics and Critical Incident Stress
Conference Coordinator. Coordinated
3 national mental health conferences including one Asian wide conference
(in association with Counseling the International Community in Asia,
CICA) – the first conference of this kind to be held in English
IMHPJ Conferences Organized:
• "West Meets East", Saitama, Tokyo, May 23-24, 1998.
• " A Different Lens: Perspectives on Therapy in Asia",
Kyoto April 2nd, 3rd and 4th 1999 - a joint conference held with
Counseling the International Community in Asia (CICA)
• " Many Cultures Many Minds", Saitama, Tokyo. May 20th-21st,